Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Management trainee.
FUNCTION:Scientific Research & Development (Scientific & Regulatory Affairs and Product Development).
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
As a Global Graduate in Scientific Research & Development, you’ll get exposure to successfully navigating the science and regulatory environment for tobacco products within the United States. You will also help build a corporate narrative that supports our priorities in tobacco harm reduction.
Among other responsibilities, Scientific Research & Development supports all of RAI Operating Companies by managing the product development and science that supports product applications that are submitted to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Your immersion into the function will allow for a deeper understanding of the scientific and regulatory environments associated with tobacco products and harm reduction.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THE ROLE
- Real world work from day one.
- Rapid professional & technical growth.
- Engagement with multiple functional areas to understand our business and competitors.
- Participating in a two-week learning intensive in the United Kingdom.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you looking for fast track global career?
- Do you want to grow with a worldwide industry leader?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Less than 3 years of professional work experience post-graduation.
- Masters’ or PhD degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or other technical discipline; other fields (e.g., Technical Writing or Communications) would be considered.
- Global Mobility.
- One or more internship(s) in related field.
- Leadership experience (personal or professional setting).
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth. (401k) contributions up to six percent.
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package.
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service.
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave, and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule.
- Confidential personal financial counselling service.
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers.
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice.
- Health-care advocacy service.
- Volunteer service opportunities.
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union.
- Extensive training opportunities.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with Job Number: 41504