BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT PAKISTANIS LOOKING FOR AN AREA MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Area Manager
LOCATION: Flexible Location
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is responsible for developing and implementing a trade coverage plan for the area
Reports to: Regional Manager
Reporting Level: Area Manager
Geographic Scope: Pakistan
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Ensure the effective and efficient utilisation of field force resources.
- Ensure that objectives in terms of availability, visibility, volume, margin, quality (e.g. RQI) and customer price of products are achieved for the area
- Work closely to the Regional Manager to adapt trade programmes developed by the Business Development Manager to the area’s reality
- Provide guidelines to the Trade Marketing Representatives regarding retail planograms and merchandising materials
- Ensure that area team and trade partners are well-trained and aligned with BAT’s International Marketing Standards and all Corporate Guidelines
- Consolidate data gathered by area team to insure that Regional Manager is fully informed at all times
- Ensure that internal control procedures are followed in relation to the identification and resolution of cash and stock shortage discrepancies
- Manage the productivity & cost optimisation of the area (trade spend effectiveness in the area)
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ideally, not less than 2 years' experience in FMCG category
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers, external suppliers and commercial partners
- Functional knowledge and skills relating to trade marketing, customer engagement, account management and field operations
- Managerial & Interpersonal skills for selling, negotiating and influencing
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop people
- Shares accountabilities with other areas (within the geographic area) in terms of: Sales volume, Market share, Brand portfolio financials
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!