BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT KLIS LOOKING FOR A SENIOR BI DEVELOPER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Management level
SALARY RANGE: Market salary + Excellent benefits + Market leading bonus
LOCATION: Kuala Lumpur, Selangor
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role will be a leading role in enabling data driven story telling in BAT. Role will be responsible to lead the development of visualization using PowerBI revolving Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive and Prescriptive Dashboards.
This role will be responsible for spearheading the activation, operational and outcome of Junior BI developers to ensure high quality output, fit for purpose solution.This role is expected to develop, optimize BI infrastructure, data integrity/relationships, as well as reporting and business process architectures, enabling fit for purpose analytics and more effective insights delivery.
Senior BI Developer is expected to be SME on ETL tools and assist the Product Owners in building End to End integrated, scalable solution to Functional Leaders Globally.
Reports to: Marketing Transformation team
Reporting Level: N/A
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- End to End Dashboard Development SDLC (Data to Dashboard), Strong developing knowledge of PowerQuery, M Language, DAX and PowerBI functions is a must
- Manage data extraction on demand from Snowflake data warehouse using SQL
- Work closely with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to provide visualization on demand for POC analysis
- Contribute in High Level Engagement and collaborate with Business Analyst to perform feasibility study, delivering POC and provide consultation and recommendation to stakeholders
- Shown track records in developing dashboard with multiple data sources and communicate requirements to Data Engineers / Data Scientists or relevant team
- Perform diagnostic on existing excel reports, develop solutions, perform implementation and supervise validation processes to ensure data integrity and efficient performance
- Perform all phases of the ETL process to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and global templates
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Platform Team to enable rapid BI Developments
- Define and maintain internal processes and quality standards documentation to ensure process controls and audits are up to date and aligned to BAT standards
- Manage a Team of developers ensuring the team delivers good quality output as well as provide the team with mentoring and career development opportunities
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Marketing, Finance, Analytics, Economics or related field
- At least 6-7 years proven track records in developing BI projects, (years in top tiers consulting company count double)
- Leading BI Developers for 2-3 Years
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written (Japanese knowledge would be a plus)
- Detail oriented and continues learner
- Strong Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement, and Resourceful Mentality
- Experience in using direct query with Database Infrastructure i.e. Snowflake, Azure Blob
- Strong Expertise in using PowerBI, including integration with PowerApps and PowerAutomate are preferred
- Proven track records in delivering multiple BI projects with various complexity
- Hands-on Developing Experience with Microsoft Products (Excel, PowerBI, Sharepoints, PowerAutomate, PowerApps, Excel Macro, PowerQuery)
- Experience with SQL to format and extract data
- Forum Contributor would be an added advantage
- Good Understanding of Data Structure, Transformation and Architecture
- Knowledge in coding languages will be a plus (Python, R, etc.)
- Knowledge in simple web application development will be a plus (Streamlit, Dash, etc.)
- Knowledge with UiPath would be a plus
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!