BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT REGIONAL PRODUCT CENTERIS LOOKING FOR A PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-Management
SALARY RANGE: Starting at RM7,000 + Excellent Benefits
LOCATION: Kuala Lumpur
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is responsible for developing, qualifying, and delivering Packaging materials for New Product launches, sourcing change projects and cost reduction initiatives for the regional Product Centre in accordance with the Global Material Strategy and the regional cycle plan.
Reports to: Senior Packaging Development Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Malaysia
Disclaimer - We do not have any available vacancy at the moment and this posting is strictly for pipelining purpose only. We will get in touch with you as soon as there is an available vacancy.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Engage regularly with BAT’s external material suppliers and partners, and gain ideas how to improve BAT’s material pipeline in terms of costs and innovation.
- Validate the laboratory outcome and assess business risk related to modified or new material to enable business decisions with stakeholders.
- Provide technical input and recommendations on cost saving initiatives and sourcing change projects.
- Handle the MQS1 (analytical and chemical approval of a new material) with the appropriate laboratory
- Manage requests to gain sign off from the Product Stewardship for modified or new materials
- Responsible to ensure wrapping material compliance with regulatory standard
- Maintain and ensure material specifications, commodity specifications and individual specifications within the region both at external supplier and at factory level.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge and understanding in the following areas is desirable: wrapping printed materials, raw materials and related processes, raw material ingredients and wrapping material property
- Experience in material manufacturing technology (FMCG or other related industries) is desirable.
- Ability to interpret analytical data and formulate conclusions and propose action plans.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills -ability to plan and co –ordinate multiple projects across functional levels.
- Excellent digital and IT skills (word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project SAP).
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!