BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT DIGITAL BUSINESS SOLUTIONIS LOOKING FOR A DEMAND FORECASTING EXECUTIVE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Level
FUNCTION: DBS – SNO Operations
SALARY RANGE: Starting at RM7,000 + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Sunway Geo, Bandar Sunway, Selangor
Disclaimer – We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we would love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply and the moment we have a suitable position for your profile, the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The primary role of the Demand Forecasting Executive is to implement the Demand Forecasting Process for a portfolio of products as part of Sales and Operational Planning Process to ensure that company objectives are achieved.
Reports to: Demand Forecasting Capability Manager
Reporting Level: Manages self
Geographic Scope: Regional Scope
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Deliver the Consensus Demand Forecast for a portfolio of products through the monthly planning process.
- Provide accurate and timely volume performance analysis to facilitate demand forecasting.
- Maintain statistical forecast models and baseline
- Maintain forecast drivers at the appropriate level of the product hierarchy
- Maintain core assumptions and their impact on the demand scenario.
- Track core assumptions, trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Constructively challenge stakeholders on the accuracy of drivers.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of Forecast as per Global Guidelines.
- Track actual performance against forecast, working cross functionally to understand reasons for variance and providing analysis and recommendations to Manager for remedial action.
- Working with Supply Team to mitigate disruption from the evolution of the forecast.
- Build and maintain good working relationships within department and intra-department to support implementation and smooth execution of demand forecasting within the Sales & Operational Planning process.
- Identify and propose improvement opportunities in current process to improve the effeciency of the demand planning process within the organization.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Possess a recognized degree with at least 2-3 years of work experience in a demand planning role.
- Strong cognitive ability to build forecasting and tracking model from business needs.
- Strong analytical focus to be able to identify the right information source to extract sales information and maintain sales report and troubleshoot.
- Experience in Consumer marketing and basic Project Management skills would be an added advantage.
- Display leadership & great teammate demeanour
- High integrity and honesty.
- Effective communication skills and good command of English in verbal/written communication.
- Having a good command of Japanese language would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritize multiple work streams at the same time.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!