BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT DIGITAL BUSINESS SOLUTIONIS LOOKING FOR AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, PRODUCT COSTING
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Management
FUNCTION: Global Business Services Finance
SALARY RANGE: Starting at RM 7,000 + Excellent Benefits + Market Leading Bonus
LOCATION: Selangor, Malaysia
Disclaimer – We do not have any available vacancy at the moment and this posting is strictly for pipelining purpose only. We will get in touch with you as soon as there is an available vacancy.
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The primary responsibility of the role is to proactively manage the delivery of Product Costing activities and helping in Group Management and Statutory Reporting information in line with the agreed service level agreements of our customers. Group Management information will include financial information and scenarios required for S&OP meetings, QPRS, budget and for actuals. This will include co-ordination of assumption and other data inputs, running the forecasting process activities, preparation and generation of financial information and quality review prior to releasing to the customer for approval.
Reports to: Manager – Product Costing
Reporting Level: Lead Others
Geographic Scope: Direct Business Units Scope
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Supervise and control activities related to Product Costing process and system(s) to assure accurate accounting reporting and system controls
- Handling accounting policy and procedure inquiries and ad hoc reporting and analysis requests - providing periodic customer/site training & issue resolution
- Ensure customer needs and relationships are fulfilled and improved through proactive involvement and interaction
- Develop and assist in automating processes utilizing innovative technical and processing solutions
- Maintain complete and accurate standard operating procedures and support control documentation requirements
- Coordinating with the global process owners on the implementation of reporting changes, which includes submission of comprehensive business specifications where technology improvements are required, providing training and user testing resources to test improvements
- Review and validation of country's financial & management data handoff to highlight data integrity issues
- Should work as a trouble shooter for PC related issues within ECC and other reporting systems.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you familiar with finance and ERP system?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a global FMCG or similar multifaceted operating environment
- Understand the platforms and analyze reports, identify issues and challenges within reports functionalities and data.
- A detailed understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems, specifically BI/BPC, SAP or ERP equivalent specially FI, CO and MM modules.
- Able to drive projects and process improvements and handle a remote customer base model
- Detail-oriented, analytical, proactive, and can work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Degree educated with professional accountancy qualification (i.e. CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
- Computer Literate: SAP/BI/ BPC
- Improvement initiatives implemented and efficiency improvements proven.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!