BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT KLIS LOOKING FOR A DATA ANALYST
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non management
SALARY RANGE: Market salary + Excellent benefits + Market leading bonus
LOCATION: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of The Data Analyst will be a key role in bringing data closer to the business. Robust data modelling to enable seamless insights mining through dashboards and report automation. The role is expected to develop, optimize BI infrastructure, data integrity/relationships, as well as reporting and business process architectures, enabling rapid BI development. Data Analyst will be responsible in delivering continuous improvement initiatives and play a critical role in coordinating data ingestion exercise with Platform team.
Reports to: Marketing Transformation team
Reporting Level: N/A
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Extract and format data on demand from Snowflake or other data warehouse using SQL or any extraction
- Identify ideal data storing solutions in collaboration with BI developer (SharePoint List, Snowflake, Excel)
- Perform diagnostic on existing excel reports, develop solutions, perform, implementation and monitor validation processes to ensure data integrity and optimal performance
- Perform data modelling activities as per project requirement
- Provide consultation and recommendation to visualization engineer and relevant team on best practises and optimum solution on matters related to data
- Assist Business Analyst in performing feasibility study, POC development, provide recommendation and consultation to stakeholders
- Maintain internal processes and quality standards documentation to ensure process controls and audits are up to date and aligned to BAT standards
- Efficiently handle stringent project timelines for a fast-paced business environment
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in relevant fields, Data Science, Information Technology, Analytics or related field.
- At least 3+ years prior experience within a similar role (experience in top tiers consulting company count double)
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written (Japanese knowledge will be a plus)
- Strong Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement, Resourceful Demeanour
- SnowPro Core Certification
- In depth understanding and knowledge on Data Structure, Modelling, and Architecture
- Solid experience using SQL, VBA, PowerQuery and REGEX functionality
- Experience in developing product using agile methodologies and ways of working
- Microsoft Azure Certification, SnowPro Advance Certification
- Hand-on experience in developing PowerAutomate/ PowerApps would be an added advantage
- Coding experience with Python or R will be a plus
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!