Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Clinical Studies Master Scientist
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
FUNCTION: Scientific Research & Development – Scientific & Regulatory
LOCATION: Winston Salem
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of the scientific leadership position in the S&RA Clinical Studies team and is responsible for scientific clinical study design and data dissemination, and supporting the enterprise-wide scientific strategy and scientific communications.
The role is responsible for This role is responsible for leading the scientific oversight for a program of clinical studies and contributing to the development of enterprise-wide scientific strategies for new and existing tobacco products to support regulatory submissions, in addition to further advancing the science of tobacco harm reduction. The CSL will actively partner with groups across the global BAT operating companies, internal team members, and external vendors to lead study design, support study execution, and lead interpretation and dissemination of the resulting data for their studies.
Reports to: Director, SR&D
Reporting Level: 0
Geographic Scope: Winston Salem, NC
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Lead scientific oversight for a program of clinical studies outsourced to contract research organizations
- Contribute to the enterprise-wide scientific strategy for assessment of new and novel consumer products
- Work collaboratively with project study teams comprised of internal staff and external vendors
- Review, interpret, and/or apply research concepts from the scientific literature to RAIS clinical studies
- Lead, contribute to, or assist with the study design and interpretation of resulting data to support product development, regulatory submissions, and exploratory research
- Lead, contribute to, or assist with the preparation and publication of scientific results obtained from RAIS’s clinical studies in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present, as appropriate, at scientific meetings
- Strong consultation and collaboration skills to be applied to internal and external partners
- Responsive to time-sensitive goals and display versatility in a fast-paced environment
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have the ability to critically assess the scientific literature?
- Do you have experience with the FDA regulatory environment and regulatory submissions?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of three years of experience in scientific research, preferably with clinical studies and tobacco research experience
- Publication and presentation of scientific data
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute research that aligns research tactics with regulatory strategies
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple projects, and to complete projects efficiently and on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a broader team that includes internal and external stakeholders and outsourced vendors
- PhD, or Master’s degree required in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral science, biology, chemistry, clinical science, pharmacy, public health, toxicology, or a related discipline.
- Tobacco research
- Experience with the FDA regulatory environment and regulatory submissions
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with RAI Services Company. Job Number: 40751
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
California Privacy Notice